Monday, September 22, 2014

Currently Reading | My First Post!

This is my inaugural post! Please excuse the emptiness of my blog while I get started. I currently blog about YA/adult books over at Book Den, and I finally took the plunge and started Book Den Kids! I have 3 little readers so kid lit is a big chunk of my reading life. I look forward to being able to discuss in more detail what we are reading.

Magic Tree House Series

We are currently in the middle of the Magic Tree House books. Last week we read Day of the Dragon King, Viking Ships at Sunrise, and Hour of the Olympics.

 Day of the Dragon King (Magic Tree House, #14)  Viking Ships At Sunrise (Magic Tree House, #15)  Hour of the Olympics (Magic Tree House, #16)

My 5 year old had strep all week so it was a light picture book week (and thus a stronger read-aloud Magic Tree House week).

The only picture books we read were Lego City Need for Speed and Froggy's Best Christmas. (My kids pick holiday books year round!)

Lego City Need for Speed

My kids and I always crack up at the end of Need for Speed. It gets a lot of great giggles.

September and her shadow, Halloween. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente

This past week I also read The Girl Who Fell Beneath Faiyland and Led the Revels There. It's the second book in Catherynne M. Valente's amazing Fairyland series. My kids aren't quite old enough for this middle grade read so I'm going solo with this series. I'm loving it.

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente

I'm very excited to start blogging about children's books, and I especially can't wait to discover and connect with other children's book bloggers.

I'd love to hear what you are reading this week. Let me know in the comments or leave me a link!


This post is being shared as part of Teach Mentor Text's It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA.

8 comments:

  1. I love the art! Looks like something right up my alley!

    Lisa
    LisaTeachR'sClassroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the Fairyland books, but they look really good! Welcome to kidlit blogging! :-) My reviews can be found here: http://hollymueller.blogspot.com/2014/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer - We are so excited that you are going to be blogging about children's books - Thanks for telling us about the Fairyland series - Looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys so much!! You are welcome. They really are terrific books.

      Delete
  4. I am so so excited to read your kids blog! It's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the days of Magic Treehouse. There are so many of them now that you may never run out! Good luck with your blog. It looks like your children are a bit younger than my demographic, but when they hit ten or so, you might find mine useful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin