Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29 | Currently Reading

Thank you for the warm welcome last week! I'm super excited to be joining the kid lit blogging world.

Last week I posted a review of Ducks in Muck. I also posted the books that made it onto our wishlist.

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren Feature Image

We spent most of our reading time this past week with Pippi Longstocking. That girl! You just never know what's going to happen next with her.

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren



Magic Tree House Series

We are continuing our journey with Magic Tree House this week with Tonight on the Titanic. I'm a little worried about this one, but Mary Pope Osborne's letter at the beginning helped ease my mind.

Magic Treehouse #17 Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osborne

Other books we read this week:

Ducks in Muck Dora the Explorer Happy Mother's Day Mami Mister Dog by Margaret Wise Brown
Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach Sesame Street: Too Big for Diapers I Howl, I Growl

I'd love to hear what you are reading this week. Let me know in the comments or leave me a link!


This post is being shared as part of Teach Mentor Text's It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA.

7 comments:

  1. I read Pippi Longstocking to my kids last year and was surprised by how well it held up. I remember loving it as a child but sometimes the books I loved as a child aren't books I still enjoy as an adult! Welcome to the #imwayr community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm afraid to read childhood favorites for that very reason. I remember reading Pippi Longstocking in my backyard as a young girl, but I couldn't remember anything that happened in the book! It feels like I'm reading it for the first time. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Mister Dog. :) :) A huge favorite from my childhood. Turns out it was my hubby's fav as a kid too. Guess that's our sign we were meant to be! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's a great sign! I must say, though, Mister Dog is one odd little book. You guys are awesome. :)

      Delete
    2. It is a strange book. I guess I never realized it as a kid!

      Delete
    3. I probably wouldn't have either! I read books like The Poky Little Puppy to my kids and wonder why I was so obsessed with it as a child.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to read Pippi Longstocking. Sounds like a classic I must have to read at one point in time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin