Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13 | Currently Reading

I hope everyone is having a lovely October so far. We are supposed to get cooler weather this week so hopefully it will start feeling like fall here soon!

Frankie Stein by Lola M. Schaefer

This past week we read Frankie Stein by Lola M. Schaefer. It was a cute book for October, and I loved the illustrations by Kevan Atteberry. You can read my review of Frankie Stein here.

I also posted the books that made it onto our wishlist.

Magic Tree House Series

We are continuing our journey with Magic Tree House this week with Buffalo Before Breakfast. I'm enjoying the details in this one.

Buffalo Before Breakfast by Mary Pope Osborne (Magic Tree House #18)

Other books we read this week:

Oswald: Ah-Choo!Oswald: Hooray for Fall!Blue's Clues: My Visit with PeriwinkleThomas and Percy and the Dragon

I'd love to hear what you are reading this week. Let me know in the comments or leave me a link!


This post is being shared as part of Teach Mentor Text's It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA.

5 comments:

  1. My middle school students have been picking up Magic Treehouse books when they fall short of their Accelerated Reader goals, but it's funny how much they enjoy them! Have you nominated for Cybils? Nominations close on Wednesday, and I'd love to see more nominations. Any shout out or lists of things you'd like to see nominated that you're comfortable with would be great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that the middle school bunch is picking up Magic Treehouse. My mom was a high school english teacher, and she kept chapter books in her classroom. Sometimes they were the only books the kids were willing to pick up and read outside of the required reading.

      Thanks so much for asking about Cybils. I need to do a better job of staying on top of new releases this next year so I will feel comfortable nominating.

      Delete
  2. I've never read any Magic Tree House though I have already been intrigued by the series. I need to get some on audio book to listen to!
    Frankie Stein looks super cute! Thank you for sharing.

    Thank you for linking up at IMWAYR--loved stopping by!
    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen Magic Tree House on audio, but I've never checked it out. I'm very curious so let me know if you do listen to one!

      Delete
  3. My 12 year old girl was crazy about Blues Clues when she was a toddler - we had a few of those early reader texts as well when she was learning how to read. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin