Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6 | Currently Reading

It's October! It's time to break out all the spooky books.

Last week I posted some notable new releases as well as the books that made it on to our wishlist. I also posted a review of Mister Dog - a book I missed out on when I was younger!

Grimm's Fairy Tales

We are still making our way through Pippi Longstocking. Our progress was slowed once we hit October because I've been introducing my kids to Grimm's Fairy Tales. The stories have been great for October. My kids are obsessed with holiday books. My oldest brought home When Santa Lost His Ho! Ho! Ho! from the library. We also finished reading Tonight on the Titanic.

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenGrimm's Complete Fairy TalesWhen Santa Lost His Ho! Ho! Ho! by Laura RaderMagic Treehouse #17 Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osborne

This week we will probably finish up Pippi Longstocking and start on the next Magic Tree House book. We also have lots of Halloween books to get through this month!

I'd love to hear what you are reading this week. Let me know in the comments or leave me a link!


This post is being shared as part of Teach Mentor Text's It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Pippi! I should try to get my 6th graders to read this one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Santa Lost His Ho, Ho, Ho made it to my house via a book fair a few years ago. It has become a favorite Christmas story for my seven and five year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to finish reading Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales. Same with Pippi! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin