Monday, September 14, 2015

New School Year | Currently Reading

The new school year (for my kids) is underway which means I'm once again swamped with copious amounts of children's books. I did a terrible job tracking what we read last year, but that just means I'll have to try harder this year.

We've been into the Captain Underpants series lately. And by we, I mean my kids. I thought the first one was pretty great, but I'm humoring them with the rest of the series since they seem to really dig it.

The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants #1) by Dav Pilkey Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants #2) by Dav Pilkey Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants #3)  by Dav Pilkey Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants #10) by Dav Pilkey

The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants #1) by Dav Pilkey
Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants #2) by Dav Pilkey
Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants #3)
by Dav Pilkey
Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants #10) by Dav Pilkey


We also started reading the Eerie Elementary series. We read the first one (The School Is Alive!), and we will definitely read more of the series.

Eerie Elementary: The School Is Alive!

This week we are reading Charlotte's Web, Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid, and The Voyage of Turtle Rex.

Charlotte's Web by E.B. White Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid by Megan McDonald The Voyage of Turtle Rex by Kurt Cyrus


This post is being shared as part of Teach Mentor Text's It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA.

5 comments:

  1. I have never read a Captain Underpants book, but they stay checked out constantly at my library! I have a suspicion that they're just not my thing though. I hadn't heard of the Eerie Elementary series but they look like fun. I'll definitely check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so happy to see Charlotte's Web in someone's reading list. I swear it is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read. It's one of my all time favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my all time favorites, too! I've tried reading it to my kids in the past, but they weren't ready. I was so glad when my 8 year picked it for us to read.

      Delete
  3. Haven't read any of the captain underpands books - but I heard that they're real page-turners. I will have to find at least the first volume and figure out for myself what the hype is about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to refresh my collection of Captain Underpants. The elastic on many of the books is pretty stretched out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin